cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WordCloud issues

I have an excel file in the following format:

DateClientIssueComment
12/16/2016John DoeMonitorLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt.
12/16/2016John DoeCPUDuis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore.
12/16/2016John DoeKeyboardeu fugiat nulla pariatur.
12/16/2016John DoeMousein voluptate velit esse cillum dolore.

In short, I am trying to use the WordCloud extension to find trends in the comments, but I just don't know how to approach it since the extension is taking the full sentences. I want to show the top lets say 50 or 100 words.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I will continue for more clarity to get idea.

If you have one field of data with longer string it would possible to get diff diff names by using SubField and then use concat to merge those cells into one and then use this. For more idea look this

Word Cloud Object Extension | Qlik Community

OR Check this link how to show wordcloud by using hand work.

Qlikview en Español: WordCloud sin extensiones

Hope this helps to you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I want to show the top lets say 50 or 100 words.

What you want to show by using the extension. I didn't understand the above part. Can you elaborate more

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil, thanks for the reply.

What I am to show, is trends in the comments. for example:

we log the problem and the solution, but in order to learn about the symptoms, we have to read the comments. However, by being able to pull the "Comment" column into a word cloud, I might be able to find patterns such as, "crashing", "Virus","hard drive", based on the occurrence of that word.

Does this make sense?

When I pull the column now, it gives me a paragraph cloud instead of a wordCloud.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check this for long sentence fields

https://www.jasondavies.com/wordcloud/#http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.twitter.com%2Fsearch.json%3Frpp%3D100%26q...

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Anil, maybe is my lack of knowledge, but I dont see how to translate what that site shows to the extension in qlikview. my data updates weekly, and I want to have the wordcloud dynamically update with selections like charts do.

Not applicable
Author

Maybe if it was possible to merge all the columns into one block of text, then split it into its separate words, while removing "and" 'of' 'the', etc. maybe this way the extension will be able to display it well <- I just have no clue on how to achieve this.

Not applicable
Author

I was thinking of something like =(Concat(

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be, i am not fully understand the expected output

You can use Append if you want to show one and then use that field

I mean this, And then directly Key for WordCloud. You may solve those. Try this way and then use subfield to split into different or concat also can help you

Load Date & Client & Issue & Replace(Comment, 'and*' OR 'of*' OR 'the*', ' ') as Comment as Key;

LOAD * Inline [

Date, Client, Issue, Comment

12/16/2016, John Doe, Monitor, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt.

12/16/2016, John Doe, CPU, Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore.

12/16/2016, John Doe, Keyboard, eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

12/16/2016, John Doe, Mouse, in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore.

];

Not applicable
Author

It seems that the WordCloud extension only works if the words are each in a different cell, am I wrong?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I will continue for more clarity to get idea.

If you have one field of data with longer string it would possible to get diff diff names by using SubField and then use concat to merge those cells into one and then use this. For more idea look this

Word Cloud Object Extension | Qlik Community

OR Check this link how to show wordcloud by using hand work.

Qlikview en Español: WordCloud sin extensiones

Hope this helps to you