cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimi
Contributor
Contributor

Working with Macros

Hi all, I am new to working with Macros and encountering a few difficulties.

I have created various pivot tables that need to run via a Macro. The Macro works, it exports my pivot tables into an excel workbook which is perfect.

However, I am unable to filter through my data once the macro has exported my tables into excel.

For example I have a column called GL Group and in GL Group I have 15 records that fall under the category cash but when I search  for cash it only returns 1 record and not 15.

Please help

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

When you export your pivottable to excel, it probably shows your Cash category as one big merged cell. You can either write macro code to unmerge the cells and copy the "cash" into each cell, or you can change the way you export the pivottable.

If you use CopyToClipboard|FullTable and then paste into Excel, I believe it will automatically fill all the "Cash" cells instead of merging them.

Mimi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Mwoolf,

Thank you for responding.
"If you use CopyToClipboard|FullTable and then paste into Excel, I believe it will automatically fill all the "Cash" cells instead of merging them." - When I copy the table over to excel it still does not give the desired result.

How can I change the way I export the pivottable?
Can you send an example of the macro code to unmerge the cells?