Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabh_karlewar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Working with Pop ups

Hi,

I want to create a pop up when a user clicks on an image or some text in a straight table which will have a similar look and feel of opening a pop up in a website. Please let me know if it is possible to create a custom popup and if yes then how to go about it.

The reason why I want to use a pop-up is that,I don't want the user to open another sheet for some related information.

Thank you.

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Hope this help

saurabh_karlewar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Manish,

This is not exactly what I am looking for. I want to open a pop-up on similar lines of window.open() functionality in HTML. What I mean is that, the popup should be opened in a new frame/window of a particular width and height

saurabh_karlewar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can someone please help me with the pop-ups or is that we cannot even create pop-ups in qlikview application

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QlikView there are two or three client environments for which this question produces different answers:

• Desktop & IE-plugin: IIMHO creating MS-Windows dialogs as pop-ups is not possible from within QlikView, let alone populate them with QlikView objects. The solution presented by Manish using QlikView objects is as far as you can go. Sujeet mentions the same solution, but his link does not work for me. This one will: Adding a chart in a pop-up window
  • AJAX: The plain browser interface is based on HTML and JavaScript and allows programmed extensions. I didn't find any extension on the QlikView Market that creates pop-ups, so you'll have to create your own. Not the easiest thing to do if you are not well versed in JavaScript and web technology.
  • iPad client: Are pop-ups even allowed on these devices? I know that recent Android versions are moving towards an simple window manager. No idea whether it's even possible on iOS. The trick with QlikView variables and text boxes however works here as well as in Windows clients.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

My post is being moderated because it contains a link to ... the QlikView Market market.qlik.com ?!?!? Grrrr...

P.

Not applicable

Hi saurabh,

i think it's not possible in qlikview as what you like be'coz in straight table we din't have separate cells like excel