Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II

Working with Slider and input boxes ?

Hi ,

i have a slider which is using vfromdate and vtodate as variables and ''min value'' as =date(mindate,'MMM DD YYYY')

and "Max Value " as =date(maxdate,'MMM DD YYYY')  and "mindate" and "maxdate" are in num values.

now i have an input box  for vfromdate and vtodate where  i can input the values and which should change the values in slider also and vice versa and user wants to input values in 'MMM DD YYYY' FORMAT ONLY .

now after opening the document,i want the slider to select the mindate and maxdate as the boundary values

Can anyone let me know how to achieve this .

Thanks,

Anjee

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

So, this is you are looking?

now after opening the document,i want the slider to select the mindate and maxdate as the boundary values

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes. And when you change value through input box, the slider should get  adjusted accordingly and when you slide ,the variable should also change.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then Try like this

LET vfromdate = Min(Date(Mindate,'YourFormatHere'));

LET vtodate = Max(Date(Maxdate,'YourFormatHere'));

And Then Create Trigger while opening the qvw.

On sheet property ->Trigger-> Edit -> Select in Field -> Specify value of that field '$(vfromdate)'

For Ref, PFA

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This is not the thing what i need .

I want the values on slider.

On slider object,it is not working .. when i set triggers on on open....

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

pls find snapshot

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi Anjee

Please see if the attached helps?

vcanale
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,
try to initialise the variables in the script as
SET vfromdate =date(mindate,'MMM DD YYYY')

SET vtodate =date(maxdate,'MMM DD YYYY').

It worked for me..

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sasidhar,

Thanks for your reply and it works up to some extent.

when i am changing the slider,vfromdate is changing but vtodate is not changing in input boxes.

also after reopening the document,old selected values should be removed and the slider should be adjusted to min and max values.

Thanks,

Anjee