Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Write Range & Select in an input box

Hi friends,

I am working with the range selection in an input box. While working I am facing some issue with different formats of value. While selecting "Numerical" values, my logic is working fine but when dealing with other type of formats like "text", My logic is not working. please help frnds.

Look for an attachment below.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

The only solution I can think of would be to convert the letters into numbers.  You could create a new field in the data teh represents the data in numerical forms (using the ORD function) and then make a selection on that field.  One the selection is made on the new field you do could a select possible on the text field and unselect the numerical field.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anybody please

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

The only solution I can think of would be to convert the letters into numbers.  You could create a new field in the data teh represents the data in numerical forms (using the ORD function) and then make a selection on that field.  One the selection is made on the new field you do could a select possible on the text field and unselect the numerical field.

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot..............I am curious....so i am asking a question. If one of the fields "Sel01", "Sel02", "Sel03" would be a Key then i have to put the logic in script for the occurence of it in every load statement or not.

regards,

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

If all of the uniquie key records exist in one of the tables then you can script the addional field into that table and leave it out of the other table(s).

If have unique key records in more than one table then best practice would be to write your script to get all the unique key records into one table first to avoid creating a synthetic key.

-Josh

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Dear,

Thanks for the reply.