cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong Total in table

Hi All,

Need help in getting the correct total on my pivot table.

my table sums source and usage needs by part code and groups, it looks like that

GroupPart CodeSourceUsage
Total11
Total43

I'm trying to calculate source value only if usage >0 , my syntax looks like:

if([Usage]>0,Sum(source))

my table doesn't show rows where Usage=0 but it calculates total for those rows

i want to calculate total of group source if usage>0 , the problem is that instead of total value like Group 1, i get total value like Group 2

thanks for any help

avner

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this is what you are trying to get:

2015-03-08 Correct Totals in Pivot Table.png

I made an extra column/expression to show how a set expression can be used in a Sum() to filter out all values where Usage=0 thus keeping those that are greater than 0 (actually maybe is should be all not equal to 0) ...

Hope this helps...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Petter,

thanks for your reply but Usage is a column title, and doesn't seem to act as a dimension in set analysis.

b.t.w the data in "Usage" comes from a different table from the data in "Source"

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually set expressions doesn't care if anything is a measure or a dimension. Anyway Usage in the sample I used is not a dimension either. There is no need for  "Usage" and "Source" to be in the same table - but they should be associated appropriately so you don't get a cartesian join....

If you provide your data / data model or some representative sample of it it could be easier to help you solve this.

best regards

Petter Skjolden