I have to show data by YTD (YTM) - no date selection (not required).
- Date filed is YearMonth (like 201705).
- Derived Year and Month from YearMonth field.
For instance :
Selections: Year = 2017 (2015,2016,2017) and Month = May (Jan....Dec), whenever i select (YTD) button report should display Year to Month data like 201701, 201702, 201703,201704,201705
Variable 1: Num(Year(yearstart(Today())))&num(month(YearStart(Today())),'00')
Variable 2: Num(Year(yearstart(Today())))&num(month(Today()),'00')
Hi Sivaraj - Thanks for your help.
Just i have given one year (2017) as example, actual scenario they are couple of years,
I think i have to created 2 more variables like vSelectedYear and vSelectedMonth.
am i right?
Follow following steps:-
1) Create variable e.g:- vConvertDate, in definition, let it be empty
2) create button, in action tab, click on add, then select 'Set Variable'. In variable box input 'vConvertDate' and in value input 'CD' then finish/ok.
3) either create the desired format in script or in calculated dimension if you want, like ''Year(DateField)&Month(DateField)''.
4)tick the enable condition and write the following condition "if(vConvertDate='CD',1,DateField)"
Hope this will solve you problem. If not let us know, and if possible show some sample data.
Just try to change the month in the app so that chart will visible as per you requirement
as per your requirement we supposed to maintain day field because it will give you all days in a month
example : if you select 2016, feb that means the should populate from jan 1 st to feb 28th , that's why i kept Day field
it's not a big deal to create a day field by using date right?