Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Year over Year (YOY) comparison based on Dimensions

Hey!

I'm trying to create a Pivot Table which show the actual (Real) and planned (Plano) values, as well as their comparisons -  for some parameters. The parameters are calculated expressions, whereas the distinction between Real and Plano - and hence their comparisons - are the dimension of my table. The following picture shows what I WANT to create (the last two collums are the comparisons).

Forum 2.PNG

So far this next picture is what I HAVE, where Real 14/15, Real 13/14 and Plano 14/15 are the components of the Plano/Real dimension.

Forum 1.PNG

Could someone help me on how to calculate the comparison collunms, based on the table I have already. Btw, I want the comparison collumns to be on the same "level" as the other collumns.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example for a possible approach.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Here you go!

I used only 3 parameters (lines), but it doesn't make any difference since what I want to compare are the columns (Real 14/15 over Real 13/14 and Real 14/15 over Plano 14/15)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example for a possible approach.

Not applicable
Author

Please explain the X in the inline statement? What does the D,N,V stand for and what is the point?

I am trying to tabulate a list of KPIS, and include the mom, yoy, mtd, and a trendline.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The X field is just to categorize the records so I know how to use the values.

V: use the value as it is

N: use the value as numerator in the expression

😧 use the value as denominator in the expression

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Neat!

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for the help Gysbert! But is there anyway you could make this accessible on the Personal edition?

Not applicable
Author

Btw, I managed to open the QVW on a friend's pc (I'm using a PE version and cannot open documents from other users anymore) but the table shows "Allocated Memory Exceeded".

Do you know what that might be and how I can solve it?

Thank you once again!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure the machine has enough ram available. About 25 MB should be enough for the example I posted. If that's not the problem then try downloading the document again. Perhaps it got corrupted the first time you downloaded it.