Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Year over Year (YOY) comparison based on Dimensions

Hey!

I'm trying to create a Pivot Table which show the actual (Real) and planned (Plano) values, as well as their comparisons -  for some parameters. The parameters are calculated expressions, whereas the distinction between Real and Plano - and hence their comparisons - are the dimension of my table. The following picture shows what I WANT to create (the last two collums are the comparisons).

Forum 2.PNG

So far this next picture is what I HAVE, where Real 14/15, Real 13/14 and Plano 14/15 are the components of the Plano/Real dimension.

Forum 1.PNG

Could someone help me on how to calculate the comparison collunms, based on the table I have already. Btw, I want the comparison collumns to be on the same "level" as the other collumns.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example for a possible approach.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Here you go!

I used only 3 parameters (lines), but it doesn't make any difference since what I want to compare are the columns (Real 14/15 over Real 13/14 and Real 14/15 over Plano 14/15)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example for a possible approach.

Not applicable
Author

Please explain the X in the inline statement? What does the D,N,V stand for and what is the point?

I am trying to tabulate a list of KPIS, and include the mom, yoy, mtd, and a trendline.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The X field is just to categorize the records so I know how to use the values.

V: use the value as it is

N: use the value as numerator in the expression

😧 use the value as denominator in the expression

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Neat!

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for the help Gysbert! But is there anyway you could make this accessible on the Personal edition?

Not applicable
Author

Btw, I managed to open the QVW on a friend's pc (I'm using a PE version and cannot open documents from other users anymore) but the table shows "Allocated Memory Exceeded".

Do you know what that might be and how I can solve it?

Thank you once again!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure the machine has enough ram available. About 25 MB should be enough for the example I posted. If that's not the problem then try downloading the document again. Perhaps it got corrupted the first time you downloaded it.