cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ad hoc capability on selecting mutiple KPI

Hello,

I have multiple KPIs (8 KPI) on a document. is it possible for users to choose and display only selected KPI? does qlikview supports ad hoc capability for picking and choose chart . The screen should show selected KPI.i.e I choose only 4 KPI, the screen should display only 4 KPI.

Any thoughts is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Padma

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can look into conditional expressions and dimensions (and also conditional show option of charts).

You can see a demo of an ad-hoc report in the What's New in QV11 demo QVW, on Reports tab.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link for dynamically selecting the dimensions and measures in the charts.

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

This is been implemented by using Enable Conditional option in Dimension & Expression tabs of the corresponding dimension & expressions.

Regards,

jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I am not looking for this.

I have 7 charts (KPI). I want the user to be able to pick and choose KPI that they want to see.

for example If the user select only 3, the document should show only 3 KPI.

Any thoughts on this is highly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

have 7 charts (KPI). I want the user to be able to pick and choose KPI that they want to see.

for example If the user select only 3, the document should show only 3 KPI.

Any thoughts on this is highly appreciated.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you be a bit more specific about the current status of your document / charts?

Or even better, could you upload a small sample QVW that demonstrates how your dashboard looks like (could contain mock up data) and maybe a sketch how you want the dashboard to work?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

You can show/hide a chart conditionally by using

Chart Properties -> Layout -> Show Condition

If you provide sample file then it would be easier to understand and provide the solution.  Go through below link to get the answers faster

Qlik Community Tip: Posting Successful Discussion Threads

Regards,

jagan.