Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

(again) on dates and timestamps

Hi,

I have a Unix timestamp in my table. I convert this value to date & time in my load script to a format I want it to be.

I also managed to get these together using =dual(formatted date&time, timestamp) so that in my pivot table the date is displayed as calculated dimension.

Now I want to display only the min value (thus not all of them) of timestamp but show it as formatted date. I tried, I believe, all the permutations I could have thought of in the calculated dimension editor, adding text and num respectively to the dual expression, around it, around the min value etc. However, as soon as I use the min (or max for that matter), I get //error in calculation.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

The structure of my data:

In my data, there is a batch. In each batch, number of items exists. One of my expressions is the total number of items in a certain batch. Each item also has a timestamp. This is the value I want to know the minimum for, formatted as date.

Thanks in advance!

Jan

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You probably need to use the aggr function. Something like aggr(min(timestamp),BatchNumber). If that works add the formatting.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you, that gets me indeed one step further. I now see a timestamp next to each batch, exactly as I wanted.

Is this the way to go on?

=aggr(dual(dateFromDate,min(dateFromTimestamp)), fullBatchConverted)

I do not get to see the formatted date this way for all the rows. However, that could be a data problem on my side, not an issue with the expression...

Not applicable
Author

Ok - I found another way:

I just ditch my conversion from MYSQL and perform timestamp conversion as suggested elsewhere on the QV forum

=ConvertToLocalTime(Date(25569 + (aggr(min(timestamp), batch) / 86400)))