cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

aggr function slows down my app

Hi team,

can any one help me regarding aggr function. Basically after writing the function drastically my application performance slows down. 

my statements are Amount/(aggr(mile, shipment)), Amount/(aggr(Weight, shipment)), Amount/(aggr(Pieces, shipment))

and records size is 5.5M.

My requirement is basically , mile particular to single shipment. From below table i want to sum up all amounts and miles regarding to particluar unique shipment

so i wrote Sum(Amount)/aggr(Miles, Shipment).

MilesCost TypeAmountShipments
500Fuel100S1
500Transportation1000

S1

600Transportation2000S2
600Fuel200S2
500Fuel50S1
700Transportation1000S3

Can any one suggest another expression so that may it increase my application perfromance

bmwrwunderlichadamdavi3sswuehlstevedarkloveisfail

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What's the context (dimensions) of your expressions?

If it's [Shipments], then you could replace the aggr() with only() function:

=Sum(Amount) / Only(Miles)

edit:

Or remodel your data, so that Miles fact is not getting duplicated (for example, create a Shipment / Miles table linked to the Shipment / Cost table)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi stefan,

thanks for immediate response. small modification in expression

num(Sum ({<CAMode = {'TruckLoad'}> }CAAmount)/ sum({<CAMode = {'TruckLoad'}> }aggr(CAMiles, CAShipment)),'$ #,##0.00')

my expression is as above one.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how can only() function works . i want sum of miles for distinct shipments

sunny_talwar

Are you having Shipment as your dimension in the chart? If you are, then you can try this

Num(Sum({<CAMode = {'TruckLoad'}> }CAAmount)/Only({<CAMode = {'TruckLoad'}>}CAMiles),'$ #,##0.00')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As a side note (I would still recommend a different data model), you could add the set expression also to the inner aggregation, which should avoid unneccessary calculations for different CAModes:

sum({<CAMode = {'TruckLoad'}> } aggr( Only({<CAMode = {'TruckLoad'} >} CAMiles),  CAShipment))