Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

any other functions other than Getselectedcount

Hi All,

Iam facing an issue in the dashboard

In drill report we are using the dimensions with getselected count function - the problem is in the report we have dimension in the layout and the same dimension is in the filter as well. So whenever we make a selection in the filter  section of the dimension, the drill report opens which is unnecessary.

Can anyone suggest me how to solve this.

Thanks in Advance

9 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Chanty,

You can use alternate states. Similar discussion with example here Alternate States and Drill-Down Groups

-Siva

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Siva,

Is there any other possibility.

Thanks

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Iam new to qlikview.

I have a summary report on top and the detailed report on the drill down.

The problem here is when i use the getselectedcount() in the drilldown report. Though i select the dimension element from the layout or from the filter section. the drilldown report or detailed report is appearing this is causing the users an issue.

Thanks

P.Ravikiran

Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you are identify the Drill Down field? Can you share full expression.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Chanty,

As mentioned in my above post, Qlik's default behavior is that it will apply filter across the dashboard. Unless you create alternate states and apply them for sheets or chart, by default one selection in one sheet gets applied to all sheets and charts available in your qv document.

For more understanding on alternate states please check here Examples of Alternate States in Chart Expressions ‒ QlikView

or here  what is alternate states in Qlikview ?

-Siva

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Anil.

We are using the below expression.

(GetSelectedCount([G Account])>0 and GetSelectedCount([Gr Account])>0 and GetSelectedCount([GL Desc])>0 and GetSelectedCount([GL Grp Desc])>0) or (GetSelectedCount([BP Ety])>0 and GetSelectedCount([BP Ety Desc])>0)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Those are simple field names/Group names?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

We are using only straight table for both summary report and the drill down report

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

they are simple field names