Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

background color doesn't stick in column dimensions of pivot table

Hi,

I always get a problem using the pivot table with column dimensions (drag&drop to upper right edge) and dynamic background colors of column header cells.

by using filter the colors only match randomly.

shifting all dimensions to vertical (in rows) everything works fine and quick.

I used different ways to match the colors, currently with a mapping table and it is ok.

all data are okay.

everything is ok till i shift one or two dimensions into columns to upper right egde.

hope anybody knows this phenomen and could help with magic ???

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I do not understand what your requirements are but I suggest that you take a look at the function called colormix. Use it on the dimension by expanding the dimensions and changing the colour in the Background Color.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Have you tried the Background color function by expanding on the expression and hard coding it with the rgb values that you may assign as per the if condition or expression?

Not applicable
Author

thank you both for your answers.

i know about the background functionalities on dimensions.

I assigned a mapping table and map the RGB code to the respective Dimension entries via a new variable and it works fine.

My problem is:

if I click any of the filter criterias, the background color will not work and some fields are without color.

But only if I put the category on the horizontal line (upper right edge).

I guess it's a bug ääh a feature of Qlikview ??

Due to sensitive data I cannot upload my example, but hope you can test it via your data?

Or do I use anything wrong?

Not applicable
Author

now I could take a screenshot from the phenomen...

if you change the dimensions from columns to rows the colors will not stick

Bild1.jpg

Not applicable
Author

my latest finding:

color error only if first line had no data within this column.

to fill Null or missing data with anything failed

but how can I fetch it?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

This is a problem QlikView has had for years. Unfortunately, I don't know a good solution.

I'm looking at an application where I'm using color like this, and it looks like I disabled pivoting, and then for the dimension I wanted at the top, I coded each dimension value as a separate expression. Ugh. Complicated, and probably doesn't meet your needs anyway.