Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymous1
Contributor III
Contributor III

bar chart x-axis label cut off

hi, 

i have aligned the x-axes labels on my bar chart vertically, however, they are being cut off by the graph.  ive tried moving the graph but the axes just moves aswell.  any clues on a suitable fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you used Ctrl-Shft to move/size things, you may want to reset them and try again.  The reset is in the object properties General tab settings, the buttons are down at the bottom of the General tab settings.  They are marked as Reset User Sizing and Reset User Docking.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

If you select the graph, hold down "CTRL+SHIFT" you should see red outlines for elements of the graph, resize the elements until the labels are visible.

anonymous1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yea, this is what I had tried. but when I move the graph the axes is moving with it

olivetwist
Creator
Creator

not sure why that is happening then. I am able to do it with multiple graph types

I am guessing you are unable to share your app

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you used Ctrl-Shft to move/size things, you may want to reset them and try again.  The reset is in the object properties General tab settings, the buttons are down at the bottom of the General tab settings.  They are marked as Reset User Sizing and Reset User Docking.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.