Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shariqusmani
Contributor
Contributor

calculated dimension

Hello Friends,

Trying to figure this out but having trouble.

I have a chart that shows In Force policies by Broker for the current period and the year before. Like so

Broker Name          2016-06          2017-06

A                             500                 600

B                             200                 300

and so on...

I have this set up by assigning a variable vCurrentDate as the current date and the year before is calculated as AddYears(vCurrentDate,-1). This is a calculated dimension set up as

if(InforceDate = $(vCurrentDate) or InforceDate = AddYears(vCurrentDate,-1), InforceDate)) and then suppress null values.

The issue is that the data is coming from two different systems. System 1 is updated as of June 2017 but System 2 is as of May 2017 and will not update until 15th business day. So currently in the chart above, if say Broker C is from system 2, it will show 0 under 2017-06.

So no problem with System 1 but how do I modify the calculated dimension so that it shows 2016-05 and 2017-05 if a user selects a broker that happens to come from System 2?

Should I be using set analysis instead of calculated dimensions? I feel this may be simple but confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Shariq

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

I would suggest you to use set analysis to do this rather than using calculated dimension.... as per the specific requirement, it might be easy if you are able to share a sample...

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, in your system 2 you have updated May 2017 only. How you are expecting Jun 2017 value even you don't have data for that?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful