Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

calender variable declaration

Hi

I want to show sales on selection of calender

when i enter date in calender it should be seen in text box(circled in blck in image)rty.png

and corresponding sales should be shown in charts

how to do this ?

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

It seems that UNITED COLORS OF BENETTON project is being done on this community. We have been seeing this requirements now may be for months.

Saksham,

If you visit community for help, it's good and there is no harm at all. But if you have to visit here for help for every single expression and other query, it is perhaps not good;  neither for you nor probably for this community. If you are learning, then too this path might not be exactly right I would say. I have an instinct of a teacher, I usually discourage my juniors visiting community for help but to help. Ideally your learning should be started from reference manual or help or with some free tutorials available online. Once you are through with the basics, start reading blogs here. You would be enriched with knowledge. Then start visiting community (in mind, to help people) and see the real problem people are facing and if you could help. If you can't somebody else might, so you learn that way too. This is one way - that I suggest.

The other way (you are following), - for every small things you keep asking in community - you might not be benefited enough in terms of learning. We tend to forget things that we learn not by hard way.

Hope you understand that this is by no means to hurt you but to show you the right path of learning.

Note: While saying this - I am not saying that people should not come here for help, of course they should (even almost all of us - contributors have posted here for help many times), but for real problems that you tried yourself hard enough and could not resolve even after a basic course/training (as I mentioned before), may be by searching this community or help.

I am not sure if community should be used as the very starting point of learning or not. Don't know even if people here would agree with me or not; just sharing my view. Let me re-iterate - this is not to offend you or anybody else.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I want to hit 6 likes !!!

And Saksham, this is not for you. But, for others too. Even though you want to do whole project needed help from Community. that never gain anything.. In fact, My self i was in Jr level i had always been to do something. I am using Qlik since 1.6 Years and in that i have hands on experience is 2 months (engaged project). Left of time i was on bench. But, Still i am working Banking sector under Client. So, Off course it will be under pressure. Even, though i never create thread because i have good analysis power and can tackle each of requirement more enhancement before start something for my project.

So, I will 100% accept with tresesco Because what he explain is fact and mine too. So, Try to get by yourself first and then comeback with us. Example is how to declare a variable ?

From link - What I've done nothing but still you are explaining the requirement. Finally, Not sure what you have done and what needed bases. Where we are using and which product we are working for. That's not a idea though. Even, We have some levels to answer questions because we are getting some endorse of new things. And Finally, I would say request to the customer and tell them clearly i need sometime to understand the requirement.

I apologies if hurts to anyone. I want to tell this who starts the career using Qlik products (Loved) ...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sorry

Anil_Babu_Samineni

We all learners, Don't need sorry !!!

For your question, If you have that variable clubbed in Set analysis and/or other reports this will effect automatically. Can you explain little more, Please

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sir i think you are not getting my point

this is my expression

=num(
sum(if(Sold_Date <= MakeDate(Prev_Year,month(To),day(To)) and Sold_Date >= MakeDate(Prev_Year,month(From),day(From)),  [inv value]))/Sales_INR_Unit,
'#,##0.0')

here variable named (from )is used in calender as a variable now i want to show on selection of date .charts should show the resultscal.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please share sample file to answer..