Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can not able to open any qvw? please urgent help !!!!!

Hi,

we recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have Qlikview personal edition 12 in local pc and Qlikview 11 in server. Earlier in Windows 7 I had Qlikview  personal edition 11. now I can not able to open any of personal edition qvws in Qlikview 12 in my pc. it is showing message that I attached as png.

Please can anyone help me it is really very critical urgent to me.

43 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As per my understanding in Personal edition you will not be able to open QV11 file to QV12.

For that Go for license

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can uninstall and install again and try once.

As i am also usng personal addition in windows 10 previously.  no issues in windows 10 personal or license version.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

its doesnt depend on the version but the thing is too mny times u hve opened the qvws before.

Not applicable
Author

what it means  too mny times u hve opened the qvws before? sorry I have not understand

I tried uninstalling Qlikview 12 software and installed again. Still not able to open any of qvw. Please let me know how can I sort this out.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did u chkd the qvw  to anyone who hvng the license ? 

Not applicable
Author

I can able to open qvws in server. but I need to access and use in personal edition as well.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

If you have a server, do you have named user cals available?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

yes I have. 10 in licence 7 assigned

Colin-Albert

You can recover the file, but that will use up one of your four recovery attempts.

Read the FAQ below for more details on the recovery options and limitations of Personal Edition

Personal Edition FAQs