Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can not able to open any qvw? please urgent help !!!!!

Hi,

we recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have Qlikview personal edition 12 in local pc and Qlikview 11 in server. Earlier in Windows 7 I had Qlikview  personal edition 11. now I can not able to open any of personal edition qvws in Qlikview 12 in my pc. it is showing message that I attached as png.

Please can anyone help me it is really very critical urgent to me.

43 Replies
Colin-Albert

localhost indicates that you are working directly on the server.

Can you try entering 127.0.0.1 as the server name when you use open in server

Not applicable
Author

did it. showing

Failed to reach server: 127.0.0.1:4747

switching to HTTP tunnelling

Connected to server ok, Security settings denied access

Colin-Albert

Hi Amelia, 

I have just noticed that your original question mentions you are using Personal Edition 12 and the QlikView Server is v11.  As a licenced QlikView user you should have access to the full download site and be able to download QlikView Desktop v11.2 not Personal Edition which is always the latest version(v12). If you can only access the Personal Edition download then your login is not linked to your customer account. This should be raised with your Qlik Partner Account Manager or via the Qoncierge service.

I am not sure whether you can lease a licence to a v12 desktop from a v11.2 server.

I would suggest you download the v11.2 desktop, then uninstall the v12 desktop and re-install the v11.2 desktop so your server and desktop versions are the same.

Colin-Albert

Diego - Once you have used all your recovery attempts, you can only create new files.

This limitation is detailed in the Personal Edition FAQ.

IMPORTANT: QlikView Personal Edition is limited to four recoveries per installation. When you recover a QlikView file created with a previous installation, it will apply your new user key to ALL documents created using the previous installation, not just that particular file.

DO NOT attempt to open QlikView files that you did not create (from the forums, created by a colleague, etc.) Doing so will use one of your remaining recovery attempts, and once you have exhausted all 4 of the attempts, you will no longer be able to access documents that you have created and, from that point on, you will only be able to create new documents using your current QlikView installation.

Personal Edition FAQs