Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III

cell description auto adjust in straight or pivot or table box

Hi Qlikss,

I have an excel with 2 fields, ID, Description. I have loaded these 2 fields into straight or pivot or table box, after that i have kept wrap cell text to 5 lines in presentation. Some of the cells description may fit into 5 lines and there is no empty spaces,but in some cells there are spaces as there is less description. how can i auto adjust this description without any spaces between cells.

i have attached xls and qlikview file as well.

i don't want those spaces between those cells whenever there is small description in that cell. i want it to be auto adjusted.

not only these tables,any possibility of displaying data without any spaces is welcome.

Capture.PNG

Thanks...

7 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

May be, make column header height to two rows (so that the column header doesn't get too wide) and widen the column width so that the data on each row will fit. There is no dynamic way to do this without the use of macro.

macro for OnActivateSheet

sub zoom

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindow

end sub

It works almost all of the time but I find that when you have quite large documents it doesn't automatically trigger when the document initially opens. To trigger the macro I have to select a different worksheet and then go back to the first worksheet.

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Will check and get back to you

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Or you may share an example qvw  like I did above

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Maybe you didn't understand my requirement, I just want that description of Sachin, dhoni, kohli gets auto adjusted in those cells without any spaces. It's not a big problem here,but when we create report it's not looking good.

User want it to be deleted.

Any suggestions, even with macros or whatever suggestions..

rubenmarin

Hi Suresh, I don't think you can, a workaround can be creating different rows spliting each description in similar length rows.. you'll end without empty rows but other issues may arise having many rows for each ID.

If you keep the table with only 1 or 2 rows height, hovering the mouse you can see all description when there is not enough space.

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes you are right. But it's not about qlikview.

I have created a pdf report by using this table which contain blank spaces not looking good.

I already know it's not possible in qlikview and it's dumb requirement from my dumb user.i just came here to look out for any possibilities. Will tell him ignore those spaces and read what he wants   

Thanks to all.

rubenmarin

Hi shumar, here you have some ideas of splitting the description or another idea adding some dumb row that helps to simulate different heights in a pivot table.

If things goes more difficult you have the option of NPrinting or develop a macro to create the pdf.