Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

chart comparing revenue to budget

I am new at quickview and need some help.  I am trying to insert a chart that should look like the following has 4 columns(month, budget val, revenue val, variance).  I am able to get the chart to appear with the correct numbers for either the budget val or revenue val but not both.  When I use "budget month" as a dimension then my budget values are correct.  If I use "revenue date" then my revenue numbers are correct.  I have the revenue numbers in one spreadsheet and the budget numbers in another  spreadsheet.  Is there someway to drive the diminsion from a unique date and then have the columns sum based on that value?  Screen shots are attached for a better explanation.Thanks for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I believe  the month(date) function returns the label Jan, Feb, Mar, ......

Try the foolowing:

BudgetTable:

load

[budget month] as date

month([budget month]) as Month,

[budget numbers]

from (budget spreadsheet);

RevenueTable:

load

[revenue date] as date,

month([revenue date]) as Month,

[revenue numbers]

from (revenue spreadsheet);

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi tnohelty

I think you should convert the "revenue date" from your revenue spreadsheet to "budget month".

I guess "budget month" have values 'Jan,Mar,Apr,....' and so on. And "revenue date' may have values in the format 'YYYY/MM/DD' ? if that's the case, then may be your loading should look like this:

BudgetTable:

load

[budget month] as Month,

[budget numbers]

RevenueTable:

load

[revenue date],

[revenue numbers]

from (revenue spreadsheet);

So that the field Month is common to both BudgetTable and RevenueTable.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  This works much better.  My dates in both tables are mm/dd/yyyy formatted.  I now have a table with entries for each unique date from both tables.  Is there a way to group them by month and have the label be Jan, Feb,.... instead of the actual date format??

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I believe  the month(date) function returns the label Jan, Feb, Mar, ......

Try the foolowing:

BudgetTable:

load

[budget month] as date

month([budget month]) as Month,

[budget numbers]

RevenueTable:

load

[revenue date] as date,

[revenue numbers]