Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

condition show and hide of object.

I have a staright table with multiple columns.

Column1      column2     column3

123                ABC         usa

456                DEF         China

789                GHI          Mexico

so when I select a value from one of the columns can I display an object,may be a list box ?

Thanks

7 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I don't think you can select a value in a straight table. I think that when you click, you select the row.

That said, you could use a field trigger.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with an expression

GetSelectedCount(Column1) >0 or GetSelectedCount(column2) >0 or GetSelectedCount(column3) >0

in Show Conditional of the Layout tab of the listbox

Not applicable
Author

can you give an example please.

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

You can right click on an object, and go to properties, Layout, and then where it says 'Show' and change the radio button to 'conditional'. This lets you put in the condition on which to show that object.

So, you could create a listbox of Column1 to let you choose the different values in Column1

then in the 'Conditional' box of another object, you could put

Column1 = '456'

Then when you select 456, the box will appear.

Hope this is useful!

Not applicable
Author

ya,but colum1=456 for just 1 column right.I want the object to be displayed for any selction made .Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

if you want to display the object when selection is made in any column, then does what massimo suggested -

GetSelectedCount(Column1) >0 or GetSelectedCount(column2) >0 or GetSelectedCount(column3) >0 - not work?

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

It kind of sounds like what you want is a current selections object? It will show you whatever selections have been made?

What functionality is it that you're after beyond the current selections box? You could put a conditional hide / show on a current selections object of  Len(GetSelectedCount()) > 0 or something, so it would only appear if selections have been made, and it would show you all of the selections made in each field?