Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

connecting to DB2 Z/OS database

Hi, I am new to the product. Can the Qlik product connect to the mainframe DB2 database?

Currently I have a Qlik client installed on my desktop but need to know how I can connect to the mainframe DB2 database from there..

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sam

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As long as you have the appropriate driver and you can create DSNs in the form of ODBC or OLE DB, yes, QlikView can connect to any source. As far as I know, DB2 has indeed an ODBC driver you will need to install and configure in all computers where QlikView Desktop is going to be used to extract data from DB2 and from the server running the reloads (or Publisher if they are installed separately).

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have created a QVS file containing the connection string, which I include in my scripts

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=IBMDASQL.DataSource.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=XXXXXXXXX;Data Source=XXSERVERNAMEXX;Protection Level=None;Extended Properties="";Transport Product=Client Access;SSL=DEFAULT;Force Translate=65535;Default Collection=XXXXXXX;Convert Date Time To Char=TRUE;Catalog Library List="";Cursor Sensitivity=3;Use SQL Packages=False;SQL Package Library Name="";SQL Package Name="";Add statements to SQL package=True;Unusable SQL Package Action=1;Block Fetch=True;Data Compression=True;Sort Sequence=0;Sort Table="";Sort Language ID="";Query Options File Library="";Trace=0;Hex Parser Option=0;Maximum Decimal Precision=31;Maximum Decimal Scale=31;Minimum Divide Scale=0;Library List="";Naming Convention=0;Query Optimize Goal=0;Query Storage Limit=-1;Handle Numeric Data Errors=1;Keep Trailing Blanks=False;Application Name=QvConnect32.EXE;Decfloat Rounding Mode=0;Decfloat Error Option=0;Client User ID="";Client WorkStation Name="";Client Program ID="";Client Accounting="";Block Size=0;Concurrent Access Resolution=0;Xml Strip Whitespace=True];

You can use the Connect wizard to help you config

Regards,

Marty.