Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

connection to MS SQL Server

Hi there!

Is there any possibility to load data from a MS SQL Server within the evaluation edition of QlikView? I would be very happe if someone could help me!

Thanks a lot!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you been through the tutorials?  I'd give them a whirl before starting anything more complicated.

Otherwise to connect to SQL (if set up as odbc)

open the script tab

click connect

choose your odbc and select ok

This will then take you back to the script

Then click the select button and choose your view/Table you want to bring down

#protip - click preceding load and QV will give you the list of field names from the DB which can be useful...

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can.  As Chris says the wizards are quite straight forward to use.  To just test a connection though you can use the following code - if your SQL server is on a different box you will need to change localhost to the IP of your server.

Create a new QlikView document, ignore the Excel wizard, save it, select File Menu \ Edit Script, then paste this at the bottom of the script:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=master;Data Source=localhost;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False];

LOAD

*;

SQL SELECT

FROM dbo.sysobjects;

Finally, click the Reload button.  Obviously the SQL statement can be changed to whatever you like.  The connection string assumes a trusted connection, but you can replace this with any valid OLEDB connection string - or use the Connect button and wizard to have QlikView generate the connection string for you.

Hope that helps.

Steve

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/

Not applicable
Author

Which tutorial teaches you how to connect to SQL Server?

Not applicable
Author