Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

count if date >= AND <= than value

Hey folks,

I have a question concerning dates.

I have the following table: two dimensions (type and shop)

Knipsel.JPG

"Amount" shows the amount of deliveries/pick up's. You find the value "amount" with the following expression:

=(Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}>}DISTINCT Ordernr))

Ordernr is the code a delivery/pick up gets. So it just counts the number of codes starting with 40* or 9* (pick up and delivery).

BUT: I now need the amount of deliveries/pick up's for a specific month. The date can be found in the dimension "date" (DD/MM/YYYY)

How can I tell Qlikview which month it needs to take into consideration?

something like

if( date >= 01/04/2013 AND <=30/04/2013, Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}>}DISTINCT Ordernr)))

But it does not show me any values..

So I should be able to count the amount of orders in a specific month. The "date" can not be selected as a value, cus I need to be able to count it for different months in different expressions.

Who can help me please?

Thanks alot!

Zipke

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Zipke,

Use this set analysis and let me know the result

Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}, date = {">=01/04/2013<=30/04/2013"}>} DISTINCT Ordernr)

Regards,

Sokkorn

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

if( date >= 01/04/2013 and date <=30/04/2013, Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}>}DISTINCT Ordernr))

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Zipke,

Use this set analysis and let me know the result

Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}, date = {">=01/04/2013<=30/04/2013"}>} DISTINCT Ordernr)

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Use set analysis but make your live easier:

create time dimensions:

Year(orderdate)

month(orderdate)

week(orderdate)

and so on.

Then just use the simple expression count(distinct ordernr) and select a month, year or week combination you want. Also you can just set the set analysis to the right monthnmbr:

Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}, month = {'4'}>} DISTINCT Ordernr) or

Count({$<Ordernr={'40*', '9*'}, month = {"=$(vMonthNumber)"}>} DISTINCT Ordernr)

Not applicable
Author

try this

=Count({$<Ordernr = p({$<date ={">= 01/04/2013<=30/04/2013"},Ordernr={'40*','9*'}>}Ordernr)>} DISTINCT Ordernr)

******************************************************************************************************************

or try this

=Count({$<Ordernr = p({$<date ={">= 01/04/2013<=30/04/2013"},Ordernr={'40*','9*'}>})>} DISTINCT Ordernr)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks already for the replies.

I am checking the results, since some of them give me different numbers..

I have one last question though, the date is nog in DD/MM/YYYY. I changed it in my chart to number>date, but when I do not do this, it just gives me the standard numbers eg. 01/01/2013 = 46523

Does this change somehting to the expression I need to use?

Cheers,

Zipke

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Try this

Count( {$<date ={"$(='>=' & Date#('01/04/2013','DD/MM/YYYY') & '<='& Date#('30/04/2013','DD/MM/YYYY'))"} ,Ordernr={'40*', '9*'} >}DISTINCT Ordernr)

Not applicable
Author

if you change the date format in number then write

num(datefield)  or   num(date('01/04/2013'))

IF you change the num in date then write this

date(datefield)  or date('01/04/2013')

if your problem resolved then marked it as either correct or helpful according to your question so that it might be helpful for other developer

Regards

vishwaranjan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you vishwaranjan,

I have been trying all the options.

And I will mark a reply as correct or helpful, don't worry, but only once I am 100% sure it is correct. It gives me values that I did not expect, so I have to check the results first, but did not have the time yet.

Cheers,

Zipke

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to all for the reactions.

The expressions of Sokkorn and er.mohit were the correct ones.

Vishwaranjan, thanks to you too. For some reason it did not work for 100%, so I prefere to use the other ones.

Cheers for the quick replies!

Zipke