cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

database handling

Hi All,

I have a two different servers on which two different database are maintained so i have combined both of them by writing a query in sql and then have pulled columns in Qlikview

Now My question is that when I Pulled the columns I may get duplicate records so now  how to handle those duplicate records?

Does qlikview automatically handles those records?

I have even used distinct keyword but that was not working

For eg:-

Select distinct * from abc ;

regards

Saksham

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Saksham,

With a distinct load you are able to avoid loading these duplicated lines.

However, if you want not to show some duplicated lines for specific fields, you can also do a sum based on a fake field and group the fields you would like to avoid duplicated lines.

Please find attached a qvw example with these two examples.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Once you load the data from the two tables you can group the data by the fields you want so you could delete duplicated records.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How. Please share the sample?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, If all rows carrying same records, Default Qlik can load only Unique rows which are not getting 2 different values.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What if some rows are same and some rows have same primary key but other values are different ?

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Saksham,

With a distinct load you are able to avoid loading these duplicated lines.

However, if you want not to show some duplicated lines for specific fields, you can also do a sum based on a fake field and group the fields you would like to avoid duplicated lines.

Please find attached a qvw example with these two examples.