Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

date range

sum([record count])

We get data from the previous month

Month(AddMonths(Today(),-1)) = Oct 2016

I am then trying to do a standard deviation of the sum of the data from the previous 6 months before October.

So what the expression below should do is get the months between April and Sept.

My expression is something like

=sum({< Date =

// range from 6 months previous       and the month previous to current month

{' >=$(=Month(AddMonths(Today(),-7)))<=$(=Month(AddMonths(Today(),-2))) '} >}

[Record Count])

Now I want the standard deviation of this

=sum({< Date =

[Record Count])/6

From here, I want to see what percentage this deviation by last months figure is

{sum( {< month(addMonths(Today(), -7)) >} [Record Count])) /

(sum({< Date =

[Record Count])/6)

and if this value is below a certain threshold, it will throw back an alert.

Is my logic correct to get the last 6 months?

{sum( {< month(addMonths(Today(), -7)) >} [Record Count])) /

(sum({< Date =

[Record Count])/6)

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

Did you tried with Qlik "stdev" function?

-Jai

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jai.

Its not so much the stddev, its trying to capture the date ranges which is my problem.

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

If Fiscal Year Month is 2016-10

Then I should be getting >= 2016-04 <= 2016-09

=Sum( {< Country,

[Fiscal Year Month]= {">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Date#([Fiscal Year Month], 'YYYY-MM'), -6), 'YYYY-MM'))

<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Date#([Fiscal Year Month], 'YYYY-MM'), -1), 'YYYY-MM'))" }

>}           

[Record Count])

Still get a value of 0