Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedwank
Contributor III
Contributor III

excel upload rows with contents only

hi all,

Every time i upload excel files, i notice qlik upload more rows than i have in my excel file.

for exemple here under i've an excel file with 17 251 rows and when i upload it to qlik i've 20 261 rows uploaded.

why this difference, how can i make it match with the real number of rows that i have ?

excel rows.JPGuploaded lines.JPG

thanks a lot

4 Replies
johnmorgan13
Contributor
Contributor

@ahmedwank wrote:

hi all,

Every time i upload excel files, i notice qlik upload more rows than i have in my excel file.

for exemple here under i've an excel file with 17 251 rows and when i upload it to qlik i've 20 261 rows uploaded.

why this difference, how can i make it match with the real number of rows that i have ?

excel rows.JPGlive tv app

uploaded lines.JPG

thanks a lot

Which Office(excel) do you have used? I faced these issues on 2007 excel file upload.

ahmedwank
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i use excel 2016, the excel file is .xlsx
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It sounds really strange.
1. Check that you are reading data from the correct sheet in the excel.
2. Check that you don't have any hidden rows in the excel. QlikView loads hidden rows.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you in fact are loading more rows than exists in the excel then you should have duplicate rows in your table.

If your excel contains a primary unique key then you could create an straight table with the primary key as a dimension and the following expression:
Count(PrimaryKeyField) -1

If you get any value larger than zero then you have identified which rows that are loaded twice.

This is still not an answer to why, but you will be able to eliminate the routes you don't want.

Good luck
Vegar