Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anisha_nan
Contributor II
Contributor II

firstsorted value in if isnull function

Hi,

In the straight table i need to display project name,date,id and Purchase rate

1. I have requirement to get latest Purchase Rate on the basis of date for the particular Project.

2. If the Purchase Rate is Null for the specific line item then automatically it should pick the latest Purchase rate on the basis of date wherever the Rate is available .

i have try with above expression :

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT Project Name,-Aggr(avg([Purchase Rate]),[Project Name])).

Can please correct me on the expression for the above requirement.

Regards

Labels (2)
17 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

if I understand your Q correctly try this under isnull

check for syntax

FirstSortedValue(Purchase Rate,-Aggr(max(if (not isnull(Purchase Rate),Date)),[Project Name])).

anisha_nan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi ,

Sorry..Expression is not working in straight table.

Regards
tresesco
MVP
MVP

To ignore the null values, you could use set analysis, like:

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT {<[Purchase Rate]={'*'}>} Project Name,
-Aggr(avg([Purchase Rate]),[Project Name]))
sunny_talwar

@anisha_nan wrote:

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT Project Name,-Aggr(avg([Purchase Rate]),[Project Name])).

Are you looking to display Purchase Rate or Project Name? The above expression will display the project name based on the max Avg Purchase rate among different Project Names. Your description of the problem deviates from your expression. Would you be able to share a sample and provide the expected output from the sample data shared?

anisha_nan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,
Sample data send needs the Output in straight table.
Please find the attached file.
Do we need to achieve the above requirement at the script level or directly we can add a measure in the straight table in order to achieve Purchase rate.

Regards

sunny_talwar

I am not sure if what is provided is the expected output or the sample data.... if it's either of them, then where is the other one 🙂

anisha_nan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Its sample data and the and in the straight table i am using the same dimension and also mention what needs to consider for Purchase rate calculation.

Regards
sunny_talwar

But what are the exact values you are hoping to get? I am not able to translate your statement to numbers 🙂

asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

this works for me(in expression) in straight table provided

a. There is just one entry for latest date for a given project

b. Latest date doesnt have null rate

FirstSortedValue(Rate,-Aggr(max(Date),[Project Name]))

the data set you gave is confusing , it has multiple entries for same date...as per what i understand there will be just one entry for latest date