Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purna
Contributor III
Contributor III

format

Ex: I have two different date formats like below:

15-2-2020

15/2/2020.

How can i  ensure that the date is loaded in consistent format (mm/dd/yyyy)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Start with the on-line help and try them for yourself. Then, If you get stuck, feel free to ask more specific questions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

7 Replies
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Are these different formats in the same field? If so, and if all you want to do is ensure that the '-' are converted to '/' then the statement below should work.

Assume that "MyDate" is the field name, then use

Date(Replace(MyDate, '-', '/'), 'DD/MM/YYYY') as MyDate

I hope this helps. Let me know if that's all you're trying to do.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In Qlik official training the suggesed method is often to use the Alt() function to ensure that you get a valid date along with the Date#() interpreting function and Date() formatting function like this:

Date( Alt( Date#( aDateField , 'DD-MM-YYYY') , Date#( aDateField , 'DD/MM/YYYY') , '<unable to interpret date>' ) , 'MM/DD/YYYY')

purna
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Mr. lblumenfeld for your valuable reply,

Could you please share with me some real-time scenarios of how to use different loads & functions

lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Can you be more specific as to what information you're looking for?

purna
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Lblumenfeld,

sorry for the late reply..

Actually I'm looking for videos or PPT's for different types of loads like resident,partial,incremental e.t.c..

And functions like pick,peek,applymap,string functions e.t.c..

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Start with the on-line help and try them for yourself. Then, If you get stuck, feel free to ask more specific questions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

If you search these topics in google along with the term “Qlik”you will find quite a bit of explanations and really good examples. Many of those are posts from this site. You’ll see examples of how others have used them to solve problems.

I also highly recommend the Qlik continuous classroom. The videos and training there are excellent.