Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soniasweety
Master
Master

freeze grand total

Hi all,

Jyothish KC

i want to freeze the grand total row.

it means  ..  last row   grand total  irrespective of rows   the grand total column should show .  if scroll is there also i want to show grand total column fit to table only.

8 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Sony,

One easy way is to show total at top

Capture.PNG

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

thanks KC.    but my user wants to  see bottom only .

is there any workaround?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Try this:

I have used text box, you can customize the look and feel.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

no KC... it will not accept  user will be more specific

any other idea? 

tell me one thing -- by default object we cant achieve this right?Marcus Sommer

marcus_sommer

With the default-tables it's not possible. The totals are part of the scrollable area (completly by pivots and partly by straight-tables) and therefore are moving within them. Usually is the from jyothish8807 mentioned option to set the totals on top the most suitable approach to display the totals.

An alternatively could be to use in general several objects if you want to provide an aggregated and a detailed view at the same time - maybe within a container in grid-mode.

- Marcus

dx_anupam
Creator
Creator

Hi Sony,

I don't Think its possible using Pivot Table, Instead of Pivot table you can use a straight table. and in expression using set analysis you can achieve it.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

but mine is adhoc report    so i cant restrict the total column every time  ,,,user can seelct one dim and one measure  ,some times more he will. 

marcus_sommer

My above mentioned approach of using multiple objects within a container should in general also work by a dynamic chart whereby I rather doubt that it will really satisfy you.

But I don't really understand why the position of the totals is particular in any way especially by an adhoc report. For me it indicates that an user actively worked with the object and with the arrows-keys and/or ctrl + shift + pos1/ende an user could move easily within the object.

- Marcus