Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

getfieldselections from other state (making other state dynamic)

Using the below I can get field selected in Field from State1, just wondering can I make State1 dynamic (eg, last few digits from a parameter $1). I have tried with replace($1,’is’,’’). But seems like qlikview can not recognize it. Have anyone tried this out before? 

• GetFieldSelections([Field],',',100000,'State1')

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sushil353
Master II
Master II

can you upload a sample application for better resolution of your issue. ?

I have created a variable vtest as Replace($1,'is','') and then using a text object =$(vtest('isAcutal'))

and it is working fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi Ronald,

You can try to create a variable to hold the state name with the parameter and then use that variable in your expression for the state name

vStateName = 'State'$1

• GetFieldSelections([Field],',',100000,'$(vStateName(1))')

HTH

Sushil

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sushi,

I also want to include the above function into my variable, so basically I will past a value to $1 of that variable, and then certain component of the $1 value is what I want to use in state1. say for example the value past to $1 is 'isActual' then I want to use Actual as the state name. I have try replace($1,'is',''). but not getting the result I want

sushil353
Master II
Master II

can you upload a sample application for better resolution of your issue. ?

I have created a variable vtest as Replace($1,'is','') and then using a text object =$(vtest('isAcutal'))

and it is working fine.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Ensure that you should not use equal (=) sign while creating the variable definition