Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getfieldselections w/ list of values that have spaces

Hi

I am attempting to use this function to pickup selections from one list box(list box 1)  to use to drive selections in another list box (list box 2). 

The list of values includes strings like:

Round Table Pizza

Mom & Pop Pizza

PizzaRock

I am finding the function works for the items in the list that don't contain any spaces (PizzaRock works for me), but for the others

in the list, if i select those in listbox 1, the function seems to not work, and ends up selecting all items in list box2. 

It might work if i can figure out the syntax to make the function form a list that looks like:

("Round Table Pizza" | "Mom & Pop Pizza" | "PizzaRock" )

I haven't figured that out; my latest vs of the Function ussage is:

getfieldselections

=  '("' & getfieldselections(REVENUE_FLASH_BUDGET.BUS_GRP_DN,'"|"', 20) & '")'

- it picks up the " only on leading and last.

Any ideas??  (oh, yes, i am new to qlickview as you might have already surmised   )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I ended up fixing this issue (or working around it) by changing my data model.   I will close this, thanks for helping!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I tried your syntax using a trigger "OnSelect" on Field1 to drive same selections in Field2, and it worked.

However try using this:

='("' & Replace(getfieldselections(Field1,'"|"', 20), ' ', '*') & '")'

In a personal application I'm using this to drive same selections in another listbox with a "Select in Field" trigger:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT Replace(Field1, ' ', '*'), '|') & ')'

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for that tip, i did try this change:

='("' & Replace(getfieldselections(Field1,'"|"', 20), ' ', '*') & '")' 

And i observe the same behavior - it works when i select one and only one item in the list; when i select 2 or more, the second list box ends up doing a select of all values (I suspect thats the behavior when the list is not formed correctly).  what i want the function to return is a list result set that looks like this: 

("Round Table Pizza" | "Mom & Pop Pizza" | "PizzaRock" )  - I have tested using that string (put it into the trigger as a string/manually.

Not applicable
Author

I ended up fixing this issue (or working around it) by changing my data model.   I will close this, thanks for helping!