Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getting data from web page with login

Hi,

Is there a way for QlikView to download data from webpage, that requires login first? If not maybe you know some methods for automating login to a webpage, then going to specific link and saving the webpage as html file on disk, which then could be read by QlikView?

Thanks in advance for help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There are command line tools such as curl or wget that are able to logon to a webpage and save it as a file. They work through proxies, can use plain text passwords, digest authentication, forms authentication, Windows Integrated Authentication , ftp upload /download, WebDAV (including SharePoint) upload/download ...

Have a batch file that saves the HTML file prior to reload.

-Alex

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone know any solutions to this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi ,

try for the option web files..

in edit script you can see web flles button.

give your url and check whether you can load the data from web page

regards,

sam

Not applicable
Author

I did this already. But you can't access the data in this url when you're not logged in first so it doesn't work. When you're not logged in this url just redirects you to login page, without displaing proper data.

Not applicable
Author

maybe possible to pass username and password through your load url ?

Not applicable
Author

There's no such possibility (even if there was, sending user/pass through url wouldn't be secure much). I guess there's no simple and secure solution for automizing this.

Not applicable
Author

There are command line tools such as curl or wget that are able to logon to a webpage and save it as a file. They work through proxies, can use plain text passwords, digest authentication, forms authentication, Windows Integrated Authentication , ftp upload /download, WebDAV (including SharePoint) upload/download ...

Have a batch file that saves the HTML file prior to reload.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Seems to be the solution, thank you Alexandru! I will read about them and try to use it.

One more question: is there a way to run external application (curl or wget) directly from QlikView? (i use personal edition for now)

Not applicable
Author

Hi tkossak1 ,

I have the similar requirement. Can u post an sample file . I havent used to the tools what has been mentioned in the solution.

Not applicable
Author

What sample file - wget bat? i used wget this way:

wget.exe --no-check-certificate -O d:\1.html ^
--save-cookies=d:\cookies.txt ^
--post-data="AccountName=your_login_here&Password=your_pass_here&action=doLogin&other_post_data_here" ^
https://your_link_here.com/

(i changed the link/login/pass) but i had problems with login through HTTPS and after few wrong tries it started to display captcha for me so i gave up. Anyway it downloaded normal (http) pages without any problems.

Jakob's solution looks very promising - i will try this VB script, it seems to handle HTTPS logins easier that wget.