Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
addpharm
Contributor II
Contributor II

grouping UI objects

Just wonder if the feature to group UI objects is available or not?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

For this you could make a lasso-selection with the pressed left mouse-key around all your buttons and if you afterwards clicked (and hold) with the left mouse-key on one object you can drag the object - whereby it might be easier to use instead the mouse-dragging the arrow-keys.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Take a look on a container in which you could put various other objects and further containers.

- Marcus

addpharm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

i have a few buttons and would like to move them all at once, at the moment I have to click on each of them to highlight them and then move them around.

marcus_sommer

For this you could make a lasso-selection with the pressed left mouse-key around all your buttons and if you afterwards clicked (and hold) with the left mouse-key on one object you can drag the object - whereby it might be easier to use instead the mouse-dragging the arrow-keys.

- Marcus

addpharm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, Marcus

When there is no background for the buttons, the method works fine.

I guess it will be dwon to  the right order to follow while designing the interface.

marcus_sommer

In former days I used for such cases an own developer-mode - simply a variable vDevMode = true/false within the layout-conditions from such background-textboxes as pictures, frames or lines. Nowadays I use only very simplified gui's without a need for these things.

- Marcus

addpharm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you.