Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

grouping of Dimension groups

Hello all,

I would really appreciate your help with the following!

I want to create a Cyclic group of dimensions in a bar-chart. But I want to group and dimension with another group in this cyclic group.

For example:

I have 3 dimensions:

Weekday -> Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/etc...

Weekpart -> midweek/weekend

Daypart -> Night/Day/Evening

I want to create a cyclic group with 2 options

1. 1. Weekpart + Daypart
  2. 2. Weekpart

Is this possible? is it possible to add a group with the two dimensions in the cyclic group?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I see that there is also a possibility to create an if statement in an dimension. This way I can create an if statement like:

=if(GetCurrentField(GroupName)='Weekpart', Daypart)

This way the dimension Daypart will only be used if I select Weekpart in the group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yduval75
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

No, it's not possible.

But you can create a new field in the script Weekpart & ' - ' Daypart in the script and a cyclic group wih this new field and Weekpart

Not applicable
Author

You mean in the SQL load script? But then you can't influence the two dimensions seperatly?

Not applicable
Author

I did however manage to make a 2nd group with the Daypart dimension and a dimension with "= " this dimension counts everything so it's not really a pretty solution but it works.

Thanks for the help!

Not applicable
Author

I see that there is also a possibility to create an if statement in an dimension. This way I can create an if statement like:

=if(GetCurrentField(GroupName)='Weekpart', Daypart)

This way the dimension Daypart will only be used if I select Weekpart in the group.