Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

help with chart please - newbie

hello everyone

have the following fields: these are months from an excel spreadsheet

month query.jpg

I am trying to compile a bar chart to show the fluctuation of attendances per month. i think i should be containing these fields into something else like month but i am unsure on how to do this

any guidance would be greatly appreciated

thanks

D

3 Replies
sujeetsingh
Honored Contributor III

Re: help with chart please - newbie

Hi,

Let Date be your datefield..and Attendence is field with 0 for Absence or 1 for presence

Now while loading..........

Load

Date,

Attendence,

--------new aliase field-----------------

Month(Date) as Month

from...exl....

Now you can use month as Dimension...and Expression=sum(Attendence)

Any other issue let me know.

Not applicable

Hello

Many Thanks

I would have done as you have mentioned but the data i am using has the following layout (i have removed the figures)

layout.jpg

I am thinking the script needs to be changed to categorise all the dates into one field but i am unsure about the correct way to do this?

Thanks

D

Not applicable

Load the script using the wizard (when you click on the table files button at the bottom of the edit script box it prompts you to open a file and then opens a wizard) go through the process and choose the enable transformation process option. When you get to the File Wizard option view it gives you the option to put your data into a Crosstable - this will help you to put all the dates into one data field.

Hope this helps

Community Browser