Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help

Hi,

Am new to qlikview and i need a clarification.

There are I have 9 records as i shown in PFB.But here conditionally I want to display only top 3 records in the chart.

how could i accomplish this by the expression?

Pls help me out in this.

R'ds

QVuser

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have look at the Dimension Limits tab of your Bar Chart's Properties..

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In Dimensions Limits tab Limits which values are displayed using the first expression->show only Largest 4 values

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sorry, should be Largest 3 and in Options untick Show Others...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In your chart, go to Properties->Dimension Limits. Enable "Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression", select Show only, and from the listbox immediately below, choose "Largest". Then enter a suitable number in the "Values" input field. 3 in your case but you may want to increase that number as the bar chart will be rather empty with only 3 bars.

Do not forget to disable "Show Others" at the bottom. It serves no purpose to amways have an "Others" bar as the largest one.

Not applicable
Author

It's not only for bar chart(I just took an example with bar) irrespective of by choosing any kind of chart. suppose If i don't have dim limits tab then how could i achieve this by the expression conditionally is it possible????

am totally strucked here pls help me out in this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yup, there are other ways.  But I would suggest you do it the easy way with the QlikView built in Dimension Limits.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Which chart doesn't have Dimension Limits? Pivot table is a special case anyway.

As Bill says, it's easiest when you use the Dimension Limits tab. If you want to be creative, have a look at how to use Rank(Aggr()) to obtain the same result in http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7717

maxgro
MVP
MVP

here a good doc for different way to show top

Show Top Performers

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps

Regards

ASHFAQ