cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator

how to clear a listbox when it is hidden

How can we clear off the value selected in a listbox when it goes hidden due to conditional layout?

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

how do you want to clear it ?

the value is already present on the "Current selection box", you can delete the value from there

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or create a button with a clear field action.
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator
Author

i want it to be removed automatically. i dont think the end user would agree to deleting from the current selection box. i tried triggers with clear field alone but it isnt working

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

triggers should work, try a "variable event trigger" associated with a variable that hide/show your object associated with a "clear field" action like suggested by @jonathandienst above
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator
Author

the listbox (B) hides itself based on the selection in another listbox (A)(which has 2 values).
in Listbox (A), i tried using field trigger with select possible (A) and clear fields (B). this cleared Listbox (B) while i switched from one value to another in (A) but then select possible would select all possible values in (A) when there was no selection made. even clear all of qlikview wouldnt clear it off due to select possible. usual button action clear all wouldnt work on it. then i made a button with action to set the value of a variable and then made a variable trigger to clear (A) and it works. just one issue that at one point of time the user will see that both values of (A) is selected.

i am a beginner. this is what worked for me. if this process can be simplified, please help me.