cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to create a text file?

hi,

how to create a text file like this, when I try my text is not displayed as it should.

please help me.

20.PNG

9 Replies
Janneke
Creator
Creator

You need to use character fields to display the v's and tabs. For instance tab = Chr(9), return is Chr(10).

Janneke
Creator
Creator

Another idea: If lay-out is really important, insert this text as an image. Use another tool for the text and save as png.

Choose for Represenation 'image' in your text object, and as expression in the text box:

='[YourTextDocumentPath]\[YourDocumentName].png'

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Or use an extension, like this one (Minimalistic) HtmlTextBox Extension, to display HTML text. This text can be stored into an external TXT file with all the formatting and the styles.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how can i do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would like to create a text file that can be modified or updated periodically

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

This is exactly what we are doing for what we are using that extension. It's not complex to set up, and it only requires an expression with the HTML text, which in our case is stored into an external TXT file so it can be updated regularly.

There's always a bit of tweaking until the font size is the desired, but usually not very cumbersome.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how to put it in place?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Open the application where you want to use such extension and double click on the .qar file.

See here to put the extension on a server, if you need to.

Janneke
Creator
Creator

='[part of your text]'&Chr(9)&'[another part of your text]'