Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator

how to create dynamic text box

hi,

Please help me regarding this issue.

I have application name and User base columns. In qlikview, I created a search button with application name. so whehn I click on application name automatically I should get the value of user base in  atext box.

I have created a text box as user base and given the expresiion as

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections([Application Name])),[User Base],'Search for Application')

but this is not working

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Try concat([User Base]) -

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections([Application Name])),concat([User Base]),'Search for Application')

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not at all sure what you require, so i suggest that you post a small sample QVW file with some representative data, and clearly explain what you are trying to do and what result is expected.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Digvijay_Singh

Try concat([User Base]) -

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections([Application Name])),concat([User Base]),'Search for Application')

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

is this what you are trying to do?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

I got it right

and similar way way I have a text box as total users, when I click on application name I need to get the total count of users in that box

Digvijay_Singh

Did you try count(distinct [User Base])

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections([Application Name])),count(distinct [User Base])),'Search for Application')

srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

yes, I tried the same way.

Digvijay_Singh

Can you share what output you are getting, ensure you are counting the correct field.

srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

attaching qvw file and excel

Digvijay_Singh

having personal edition so cannot access qvw but as per your data sample, I think you should use sum([# of users] instead of count.