Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

pblokker
New Contributor II

how to get getfieldselections or concat to work in expression with multiselection in field (listbox)

Hi, everybody,

I've got these two formulas:

=count( {1 < FieldA={'$(=GetFieldSelections(FieldA,chr(44),12))'}>} DISTINCT FielB))

=count( {1 < FieldA={"$(= concat(FieldA,chr(44)))"}>} distinct(FieldB))

FieldA is a character field. When I select only one item in the listbox for FieldA I get the desired result, however when I select several items in the FieldA listbox

I keep getting 0 for an answer in either one of the formulas. Obviously not correct. I need it to work for every possible selection made in the FieldA listbox.

I don't know where I go wrong in the formula, I've tried everything I could think of, without the desired result.

Anybody out there can give me a solution or at least indicate me the direction?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: how to get getfieldselections or concat to work in expression with multiselection in field (listbox)

Try:

=count( {1 < FieldA={$(=concat( chr(39) & FieldA& chr(39),','))}>} DISTINCT FieldB)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
3 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: how to get getfieldselections or concat to work in expression with multiselection in field (listbox)

Try:

=count( {1 < FieldA={$(=concat( chr(39) & FieldA& chr(39),','))}>} DISTINCT FieldB)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
pblokker
New Contributor II

Gysbert,

it's still a no go. Instead of a character field (FieldA) I've also tried it with a numeric FieldA in order to avoid apostrophes. But that doesn't change anything. I don't seem to be able to get beyond a single item in the listbox. There is no doubt on my mind that it must be possible to get more selected items in the evaluation.

Thanks for your reply, anyway. I keep trying.

pblokker
New Contributor II

Gysbert,

You did it. Many thanks. Have a nice weekend.