Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get getfieldselections or concat to work in expression with multiselection in field (listbox)

Hi, everybody,

I've got these two formulas:

=count( {1 < FieldA={'$(=GetFieldSelections(FieldA,chr(44),12))'}>} DISTINCT FielB))

=count( {1 < FieldA={"$(= concat(FieldA,chr(44)))"}>} distinct(FieldB))

FieldA is a character field. When I select only one item in the listbox for FieldA I get the desired result, however when I select several items in the FieldA listbox

I keep getting 0 for an answer in either one of the formulas. Obviously not correct. I need it to work for every possible selection made in the FieldA listbox.

I don't know where I go wrong in the formula, I've tried everything I could think of, without the desired result.

Anybody out there can give me a solution or at least indicate me the direction?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try:

=count( {1 < FieldA={$(=concat( chr(39) & FieldA& chr(39),','))}>} DISTINCT FieldB)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try:

=count( {1 < FieldA={$(=concat( chr(39) & FieldA& chr(39),','))}>} DISTINCT FieldB)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

it's still a no go. Instead of a character field (FieldA) I've also tried it with a numeric FieldA in order to avoid apostrophes. But that doesn't change anything. I don't seem to be able to get beyond a single item in the listbox. There is no doubt on my mind that it must be possible to get more selected items in the evaluation.

Thanks for your reply, anyway. I keep trying.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

You did it. Many thanks. Have a nice weekend.