Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svsudhakar
Creator
Creator

how to hide the .QVW name in Access point

Hi experts,

Is it possible to hide the extension of QlikView application .qvw in access point.

Generally when we published and opened the application through access point the app name is showing like test.qvw

instead of that i want to show test only.

Please suggest.

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, I guess it is possible on condition that you know your way around some pretty heavy JavaScript code.

Have a look in file  C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\js\accessPoint.js. AFAIK function ap.writeList is the one dealing with displaying a document matrix/list. Somewhere in the middle (search for 'namewithflyout') you should add a call to a function that cuts the extension from the document name.

But don't mess with this file if you're not absolutely sure what you are doing...

Peter

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi, Sudhakar,

Sorry not possible!

Thanks,

AS

svsudhakar
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you...

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is exactly right. Here's the exact line with my modification:

Original:

p += '<a href="' + l + '" class="name" target="' + openDocSet + '">' + ap.encodeHTML($(this).attr("text")) "</a>"

Modified:

p += '<a href="' + l + '" class="name" target="' + openDocSet + '">' + ap.encodeHTML($(this).attr("text").slice(0,-4)) + "</a>"

Cannot believe you can't just do this in the Management Console for the Doc. Absurd really...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Nice. Very clean.

Peter