Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to reload the Qvd file

Hi experts,

I have the following scenario.

I have designed the dashboard in the canvas (QVW File 1 ) by loading the data from QVD.

2nd QVW file (QVW File 2 ) i have used to load the data from database to QVD.

Now , when i refresh the canvas will the Qvd Data hit the database and get the records ???

or will it just hit the data which is already loaded into the QVD File ??

Please clarify on this.

If the Canvas is not hitting the database through QVD and just hitting the loaded data in QVD. how should this be handled??

i want the Canvas to hit the database through the QVD Called to fetch the data.

PLease Help!!!!

Thanks

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

so here:

1st step: you load data from DATABASE to QVD

2nd step: you load QVD's on the last app which is your DASHBOARD

on your first step, you should use an incremental load, to load the old QVD and concatenate on it the new lines from your Database and create a refreshed QVD.

the technique is decribed here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/UsingQVDFilesIncrementalLoad.h...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your immediate response Youssef.. Will definitely try this out.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

you're welcome ! try it and let me know

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On average, a QlikView setup works the other way: for updating a QVW document in a reliable way, you start by getting fresh data from your data sources by running QVW2. If and when that action is successful, you can trigger your end-user facing dashboard to reload itself from the updated set of QVD files. If the reload of QVW2 wasn't successful (for whatever reason), the Dashboard shouldn't move and keep displaying the old data set.

By using this sequence, you can

• guarantee your end-users that something consistent is shown in the dashboard
  • make sure that and end-user doesn't have to wait for a sequence of reloads to finish, because all of this usually happens behind the scenes (if you're publishing your documents on a QlikView Server)

In a Qlik world, end-users do not often trigger reloads. The server does that, and at specific controlled points in time only.

Best,

Peter