Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

how to use sum function on virtual field?

hi Everyone

please help me with this....

In a chart properties  of pivote chart , i have two expressions labelled ie... [no. of quantity] and [new_price]

iI want to get another expression which is the Product of the above two. and it should also show the Subtotal value .

i have written

sum([no. of quantity]*[new_price] ))

but the summation of the product is not working althogh I am getting the product.

thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: how to use sum function on virtual field?

Hi

Although you can use named columns or Column() to refer to other columns in a table or chart in your expressions, unfortunately you cannot use aggregation functions (like Sum, Avg, Min).

So you will need to substitute the expressions for [no. of quantity] and [new_price] to perform this calculation

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

What do you mean by "I am getting the product"? I have noticed that your fomula exceeds 1 closing parenthesis. Maybe it will fix your problem.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable

sum([no. of quantity]*[new_price] )

by mistake i wrote that , but it does not work

MVP
MVP

Hi

Although you can use named columns or Column() to refer to other columns in a table or chart in your expressions, unfortunately you cannot use aggregation functions (like Sum, Avg, Min).

So you will need to substitute the expressions for [no. of quantity] and [new_price] to perform this calculation

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein