Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use sum function on virtual field?

hi Everyone

please help me with this....

In a chart properties  of pivote chart , i have two expressions labelled ie... [no. of quantity] and [new_price]

iI want to get another expression which is the Product of the above two. and it should also show the Subtotal value .

i have written

sum([no. of quantity]*[new_price] ))

but the summation of the product is not working althogh I am getting the product.

thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Although you can use named columns or Column() to refer to other columns in a table or chart in your expressions, unfortunately you cannot use aggregation functions (like Sum, Avg, Min).

So you will need to substitute the expressions for [no. of quantity] and [new_price] to perform this calculation

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What do you mean by "I am getting the product"? I have noticed that your fomula exceeds 1 closing parenthesis. Maybe it will fix your problem.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

sum([no. of quantity]*[new_price] )

by mistake i wrote that , but it does not work

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Although you can use named columns or Column() to refer to other columns in a table or chart in your expressions, unfortunately you cannot use aggregation functions (like Sum, Avg, Min).

So you will need to substitute the expressions for [no. of quantity] and [new_price] to perform this calculation

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein