Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

issue in expression

Hi all,   @sunny_talwar

i  have one variable like below.

=vPrevQtr

=chr(39)&concat(DISTINCT(Left(Quarter,4)-1)&Right(Quarter,2),chr(39)&','&chr(39)) & chr(39)

i have used  vPrevQtr in text object  its working fine its giving exact result..    but same varibale  used in  below expression its giving null.  As we have data for that   [its shwoing Expression is OK ]

if(GetFieldSelections(ServiceGroup) = '9R', Sum({$<Quarter={$(vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount),
if(WildMatch(getfieldselections(ServiceGroup),'*9R*'),Sum({$<Quarter={$(vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals','SKU'}>}Service_Amount),
Sum({$<Quarter={$(vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount)))

where im doing wrong>?

Thanks

Labels (3)
16 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

added = in the variable and used ur expression also same "0 " am getting the result.
rubenmarin

In that case I will go from simpler expression to more complex ones, and checking when the value is changing to zero...

First try:
Sum(Service_Amount)

2nd try (If first try it's not zero):
Sum({$<Quarter={$(vPrevQtr)}>}Service_Amount)

3rd try (If 2nd try it'0s not zero):
Sum({$<Quarter={$(vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount)

This is to isolate the set analysis that is removing access to data, once isolated you can focus in that step to solve the problem.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi  

sample data is attached .  and script is used to create year and halfyear,quarter

Data:

load Distinct
Quarter,
left(Quarter,4) as Year,
If(Right(Quarter, 1) < 3, LEFT(Quarter,4) & 'H1', LEFT(Quarter,4) & 'H2') as Half_Year;

Text box expresion:

=if(GetFieldSelections(ServiceGroup) = '9R', Sum({$<Quarter={$(=vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount),
if(WildMatch(getfieldselections(ServiceGroup),'*9R*'),Sum({$<Quarter={$(=vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals','SKU'}>}Service_Amount),
Sum({$<Quarter={$(=vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount)))

Filter selection in front end:

Half year  only.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

i have followed your 3 steps still 0    you can see attached screenshot

rubenmarin

Ok, I haven't read about the half_year... that's because selections in half_year is from current year, and quarter set analysis is on last year, so there are no values with both conditions, try removing selection of half_year in set analysis:
=if(GetFieldSelections(ServiceGroup) = '9R', Sum({$<Half_Year, Year, Quarter={$(=vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount),
if(WildMatch(getfieldselections(ServiceGroup),'*9R*'),Sum({$<Half_Year, Year, Quarter={$(=vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals','SKU'}>}Service_Amount),
Sum({$<Half_Year, Year, Quarter={$(=vPrevQtr)},Type={'Actuals'}>}Service_Amount)))

Edit: Same for Year

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Check the attached.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks. im getting some values now. i need to implement this into other 4,5 variables and validate the data and come back to you.