cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
El_Davidus
Contributor II
Contributor II

left join not working properly

I am trying to do a left join but it is not working as expected.

I have to tables , A and B. I am trying to left join them but the result, c, does not bring all the information it suposes to.  

Does anyone know why ?

Table A :

a.PNG

Table B:

b.PNG

Table C:

c.PNG

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Nikos
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey David, Can you please share the statement you are running? 
🙂 

Just in case.. if you are doing a 2 table statement then running a join that could be at the base of the problem: 
Case A

TableA:
Load
Field_1
From dataFile.Exts ...
;

TableC: 
Load
Field_1
Resident TableA
;
left Join(TableC)
Load
Field_1,
Field_2
From dataFileB.Exts ...
;

the application will add a field "Field_2" to the TableA as you are loading DataFileB ... 

To solve this try using the "NoConcatenate" option while running the creation of the table table "TableC"

/*** edited to match the table names on the question  🙂  ***/  

El_Davidus
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

There is no table 3. Table C is the result of the left join .

A: 

left join(A)

B:

Nikos
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sorry, just edited the example to match your question. 🙂 

yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

The fact that the field is string is bothering me ( even though that there's no probleme in it )

but to remove all the doubts how about using subfield : SubField(column, '|', 1), SubField(column, '|', 2) and the join based on these two columns

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If any of the posts got you what you needed, please be sure to close out the thread by using the Accept as Solution button on those posts, which will give the poster(s) credit for the help and let other Members know what worked.  If you did something different, you can post that and then mark it.  

Here is a Design Blog post on joining or not that might provide a bit more information on things for you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/To-Join-or-not-to-Join/ba-p/1463102

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.