cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

list box settings

Hi,

I have two questions about list box settings.

1) If I use an expression in a list box instead of a field, then Show Alternative option (on the general tab) is disabled. Is it possible to enable this option while using an expression?

2) In the second case I'm using a field (not an expression) in a list box. I'd like to set two options simoultaniously Show Alternative and Hide excluded. How is that possible?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

About 1:

My advise is never to use a Calculated Dimension (because that is effectively what you are doing if you use an expression instead of a field). Calculate that Dimension in your script and use the field in your front-end.

About 2:

The combination is not possible. If you hide the excluded, you also hide the alternatives because they are effectively excluded.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

About 1:

My advise is never to use a Calculated Dimension (because that is effectively what you are doing if you use an expression instead of a field). Calculate that Dimension in your script and use the field in your front-end.

About 2:

The combination is not possible. If you hide the excluded, you also hide the alternatives because they are effectively excluded.

May you live in interesting times!