cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

loading table of formulas from Excel into Qlikview

Hi all,

I would like your assistance.

I am trying to create a KPI Dashboard and in order to avoid additional work, I would like to create a table in Excel that contains the Qlikview formulas in the cells.

Then when I read in the Excel sheet into Qlikview, I simply want to use the following equation

=$(=CurrentMonthActual)

or  =$(=PreviousMonthActual)

and it will calculate the value for each of these.

I have attached the Excel spreadsheet that I have created, but it doesn't there yet...

Could you please help?

The variable vPeriod and vPriorPeriod is created in Qlikview itself but basically just takes the max period and max period -1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

LucyBotha‌, sorry about taking so much time.

Please check attached if it solves your needs

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lucille,

I would suggest that you do those calculations in the script of the application instead of Excel. In the Excel, you would simple just have the values. Load them into Qlikview then manipulate them on the back-end script

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

Thank you for this.. I am so close, but not quite there yet...

I have attached what I have done... with a sample of 100 000 lines, all dummy values..

I just can't get my Qlikview to calculate the values. I have attached the Excel that I created as well. I have even kept the names from the link that you have sent.

Do you perhaps know why it isn't working?

(Also how do I attach anything? I simply cannot find the attachment button)

Not applicable
Author

found the attachment button...

can someone help me solve the last step please...

I have followed Clever's link exactly and it looks like it works, but it is still not calculating my values...

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I couldn´t check the error without some usefull data PERIOD, for example, would you mind sharing this information?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

Thank you so much for helping me with this.

I have actually included in the model, I left the period, cusnum and accnum in the model, but have scrambled the values..

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Sorry, I´ve reloaded the app, checking again

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Lucille,

With this =if(Left(GetFieldSelections(PERIOD),3) = 'NOT',max({<PERIOD-={}>} PERIOD),max(PERIOD)) do you want to retrieve the maximum Period?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

LucyBotha‌, I´ve found the problem, you have so many Set Analisys expressions inside others, after my workhour, i´m going to try to fix it.